The worth of American Express membership rewards depends on how you redeem them.
If you want to get Amex rewards cashed elsewhere then you can also transfer the points to several loyalty programs, airlines and hotel chains. You can spend your earned points on travel, online shopping and even for reducing your Amex account balance. The American Express membership rewards program offers you a wide choice.
So, let’s explore briefly the options you have to redeem your Amex points.
Travel with Your Points
Indeed travelling is one of the greatest joys in life. That’s exactly why American Express offers its card members every possible opportunity to travel with their membership rewards points. You can plan a business trip, a weekend, or even a holiday. You can choose from the following options:
- American Express Travel Online: You can book using your points with no restrictions whatsoever, no fees and no block out dates.
- Airline and Hotel Partners: You have 10 airline partner programs including Qantas, Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines and 2 hotel programs to choose from. You can easily transfer your points directly to the preferred airline and hotel anywhere in the whole world. Once your points have been successfully transferred, all you have to do is just make your bookings.
- Webjet: With a variety of 30 airlines at your disposal, Amex’s partnership with Webjet gives its card members absolute freedom of making their bookings online using their membership rewards points or a combination of points and cash.
Pay with Your Points
Paying entirely using your membership rewards points or by using a combination of points and cash, you can do wonders with your cash flow.
Here’s how you can pay with your points:
- Simply login to your account online or you can use your mobile app
- Select whatever transaction you want to make from your account
- You can also get credit on your card within next 72 hours
Members can also use their membership rewards points to pay their annual fee on the selected cards. You are free to make donations of your points and redeem Amex membership rewards points in exchange for credit on your account.
Shop with Your Points
Amex has made it very easy to use your membership rewards points to shop something that you love. You can choose from a variety of online shopping avenues that include home, technology, travel and beauty. Do keep in mind that you can also make online purchases with Amex’s partners at David Jones and Ticketmaster.
Give Gift with Your Points
If you’re not sure what gift you should give someone then perhaps a gift card might sound like a splendid option. You can use your American Express membership rewards points for gift cards from a vast range of Amex’s retail, travel and entertainment partners. Also, Amex’s e-gift cards that are in partnership with Apple iTunes make an incredible gift for the lucky recipient.
Points Bank will effectively support and enable you to cash in or exchange your Amex points easily. Our advisors have close connections and impeccable industry know-how which will make them identify only the best deal for you.